The best time to start setting up your mock scrapes is late summer or early fall depending on your region. This is will aid in your scouting to see where the high traffic areas are to pattern mature bucks.LOCATION
Choose a spot in high traffic areas like funnels, pitch points, natural barriers or simply off a run. If the bucks can't find your mock scrape they will not use it.SET UP
Simply clear a 3 to 4 feet location to bare dirt under a few feet from a base of a tree less than 8" in diameter as a general rule. The cleared area should be a few feet back from the base of the tree. There needs to be a hanging branch that is 4 to 5 feet of the ground. There also should be a clear walk up to this location.SCENT
Remember to use Heated Hunts Synthetic Brute Buck as it will not break down like natural lures and will stay there until it rains or the buck digs it out. Wear rubber boots when building the scrape and try not to touch anything with your bare hands.
A Curiosity Scent is typically used Post Rut but can be used Pre-Rut too with great success. Check Out Heated Hunts Synthetic Buck-Tella! Heated Hunts unique blend has great success in from day 1 of the hunting season to the last day!Doe Urine
Doe Urine not Doe In Estrus Urine is used typically for a cover scent or to put deer at "ease" but not generally considered an lure. This is typically used Pre-Rut or again as cover scent.Doe In Estrus Urine
If you are only going to invest in one scent; simply ensure you hunt the rut then get clean and fresh DOE IN ESTRUS. Heat up Doe In Estrus and get ready to trigger some reactions out of bucks you never seen before. This is the gold standard in scent and make sure you time it right as if its too early you will spoke deer.Buck Urine With Tarsal Gland
Buck Urine with Tarsal Gland works great in Pre-Rut, the Rut and Post rut. Pre-Rut is popular as Bucks are often in bachelor groups and this triggers the curiosity of a buck to investigate. During the rut a buck will aggressively investigate another bucks tarsal scent or urine to physically challenge him or simply chase him out of the territory. Post Rut the lure works well as it triggers a less aggressive curiosity to investigate.
- Unscrew lower battery cover from the Heated Hunts Scent Dispenser
- Install 4 premium alkaline AA batteries as indicated on the batteries holder.
- Install battery cover to original state.
- While the unit is off unscrew the cap and raise the heater and wicks.
- The user can pour scent directly onto the wicks or into the scent container. If pouring scent into the scent container remove the heater assembly. For instructions on removing the heater assembly, please see “Cleaning/Changing Wicks”. NOTE: It is not recommended to add more than 1 OZ of liquid into the scent container. Doing so may cause scent to overflow when heater assembly is reinstalled.
- Reinstall heater assembly and lower the heater assembly into the scent container. Tighten the cap.
- Turn the unit on using the push button and raise the heater and wicks assembly by unscrewing and pulling up lightly on the cap. The Heated Hunts Scent Dispenser can be place on the ground or hung from a branch by the hook on the cap. (assumed scent was added)
- Once the hunt is over the user should pour the remaining scent out and rinse the scent container and wicks. Scent should not be left in the scent container beyond the hunting session. See cleaning and changing wicks for more detail.
- Product reaches 105F
- Avoid direct contact with heating element
- Keep out of reach of children
- Use for intended purpose only
Properly maintain your product for maximum use
- In order to add scent to the scent container, replace the wicks with new ones, or clean the wicks and scent container, the heater assembly must be removed. Note pouring scent directly into the container without removing the heater assembly may work but increases the likelihood of spills.
- To remove the heater and wick assembly from the scent container pinch the lower section of the heater assembly in wards and tilt the entire assembly to the side. The heater assembly is held in the scent container by a snap fit. To reinstall simple tilt the assembly in the same direction so the prongs go back into the scent container.
- WARNING: The silicone heater is apart to the device and does not completely remove. Please use caution when disassembling as to not pull hard on the silicone heater and its wires. This may damage the heater and cause the device to stop working.
- To change the wicks, the user should free the heater from the heater and wick assembly by sliding the heater thru the small bands at its base. Then slide the center rubber band down the assembly so it is near the bottom of the heater hold away from the cap. Once this is done, simply push the wicks out the side of the heater assembly and pull them out. Once complete, insert new wicks into the assembly on either side of the silicone heater and sandwich the plastic pieces around it. Reinstall the lower bands if needed and return the center band back to the center position.
- Other options of cleaning are to simply run water over the wicks and into the scent container. Once complete remove the heater and wick assembly so the unit can dry.
- The LED light is not turning on or the heater is not getting hot:
- Ensure 4 fresh, premium alkaline batteries are installed in the correct direction as the indicated on the battery holder.
- Ensure the battery snap is securely attached to the battery holder.